Chips espías: Cómo las grandes corporaciones y el gobierno planean monitorear cada uno de sus pasos con RFID
- Regular price
- Sale price
RFID, which stands for Radio Frequency IDentification, is a technology that uses computer chips smaller than a grain of sand to track items from a distance. And as this mind-blowing book explains, plans and efforts are being made now by global corporations and the U.S government to turn this advanced technology, these spychips, into a way to track our daily activities-and keep us all on Big Brother's short leash. Compiling massive amounts of research with firsthand knowledge, Chips espías explains RFID technology and reveals the history and future of the master planners' strategies to imbed these trackers on everything-from postage stamps to shoes to people themselves-and spy on Americans without our knowledge or consent. It also urgently encourages consumers to take action now-to protect their privacy and civil liberties before it's too late.
What critics are saying about Chips espías, the book:
Spychips "make[s] a stunningly powerful argument against plans for RFID being mapped out by government agencies, retail and manufacturing companies." - Evan Schuman, CIO Insight
"The privacy movement needs a book. I nominate Spychips." - Marc Rotenberg, EPIC
"Brilliantly written; so scary and depressing I want to put it down, so full of fascinating vignettes and facts that I can't put it down." - Author Claire Wolfe
Spychips "makes a very persuasive case that some of America's biggest companies want to embed tracking technology into virtually everything we own, and then study our usage patterns 24 hours a day. It's a truly creepy book and well worth reading." - Hiawatha Bray, Boston Globe
"You REALLY want to read this book." - Laissez Faire
- Contributor(s)Katherine Albrecht , Liz McIntyre
- Publish Date06/06/2006
- PublisherGrupo Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.9 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.38 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.