Better Safe than Sued: Keeping Your Students and Ministry Alive
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free Shipping on orders $30+ (excludes AK & HI)
Most youth workers will admit that they don't spend a lot of time thinking about safety in their youth ministry. Sure, they shout, “Seat bel... Read More
Most youth workers will admit that they don’t spend a lot of time thinking about safety in their youth ministry. Sure, they shout, “Seat belts!” when the crew loads into the van, or they use the buddy system when at theme parks. But beyond that, they’re mostly concerned with introducing students to Jesus. Nothing’s wrong with looking after their spiritual well-being, but overlooking their safety can lead to pain and problems for you, your students, your church, or your community. The reality is, whether it’s a game of dodgeball in the church gym, or a rock climbing trip during a summer retreat, you have precious cargo in your care, and it’s your responsibility to make sure they return home safely and in one piece. Better Safe Than Sued is an essential guidebook for anyone in youth ministry—paid or volunteer, veteran or rookie. Along with questions to get you thinking about your own ministry context after each chapter, inside you’ll discover how you can make your ministry a safe place for students and leaders as you read about: • Safety while riding in buses, vans, and cars • Camps, retreats, and conferences • Selecting staff • Avoiding sexual misconduct • Establishing a No-Bully Zone • How to handle injuries, and much more Make sure your ministry is safe and that you’re protected so you never have to be the one saying, “I never took safety seriously until …” Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jack Crabtree
- About the Contributor(s) For more than 35 years, Jack Crabtree has been working with young people and youth leaders on Long Island with...For more than 35 years, Jack Crabtree has been working with young people and youth leaders on Long Island with Youth for Christ. He loves ministry settings where kids are engaged and honest, and he hates visiting hospital emergency rooms. Jack is married to Becky (his high school sweetheart) and is the father of two grown sons and a daughter-in-law. He also enjoys his precious new granddaughter - Jack prays that her future youth leader will read this book. show more
- Publish Date07/27/2009
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.