Believer's Bible Commentary: Second Edition
- Regular price
- Sale price
Make Bible study a part of your daily life with the thorough yet easy-to-read commentary that turns complicated theology into practical understanding.
The second edition of Believer's Bible Commentary is a one-volume guide that helps the average reader develop basic knowledge of the Bible. This commentary, written by the late William MacDonald, explores the deeper meaning of every biblical book and tackles controversial issues from a theologically conservative standpoint while also presenting alternative views. Serving as a friendly introduction to Bible study, Believer's Bible Commentary gives clarity and context to scripture in easy-to-understand language.
- Introductions, notes, and bibliographies for each book of the Bible
- A balanced approach to linguistic studies and useful application
- Comments on the text are augmented by practical applications of spiritual truths and by a study of typology, where appropriate
- Colorful maps of the Holy Land and other useful study helps
- Can be used with any Bible translation but is best used with the New King James version
- Contributor(s)William MacDonald , Arthur L. Farstad
- About the Contributor(s) William MacDonald is best remembered as the longtime president of Emmaus Bible College, teacher, Plymouth Brethren theologian and a prolific...
William MacDonald is best remembered as the longtime president of Emmaus Bible College, teacher, Plymouth Brethren theologian and a prolific author of more than 84 books. Born in Massachusetts in 1917, MacDonald graduated from Tufts College in 1938 and received an MBA from Harvard Business School in 1940. He worked as a bank investment analyst, then served in the Navy. After World War II he joined the faculty of Emmaus Bible College, becoming president in 1959. Leaving the college in 1965, he led a global Bible teaching ministry and served on the faculty of Discipleship Intern Training Program from 1973 until 1996. He remained in Bible teaching ministry until his death in December of 2007.
Arthur L. Farstad served as the Executive Editor of the New King James translation of the Bible. Dr. Farstad was a well-respected Greek scholar and theologian having taught at Dallas Theological Seminary in Greek studies. In addition to the NKJV, he served at consulting editor for the New Scofield Study Bible and co-editor of The New Greek Testament According to the Majority Text and served as Editor for the Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society. Dr. Farstad went to be with our Lord in 1998. show more
- Publish Date04/05/2016
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)4.76 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.56 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 6.5(w) x 2.75(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.