Barack Obama: An American Story
- Regular price
- Sale price
Middle school and teen readers can explore the life of the 44th president of the United States in this factual and informative biography of Barack Obama’s life leading up to his historic election.
The life of Barack Obama is an inspirational story for anyone who has ever felt abandoned, alone, different, or who has wanted to do great things and make a difference in the world. Learn about the life-shaping experiences Barack Obama faced as he was raised by a single mom and his grandparents. Discover how he rose to the top of his class at Harvard law and accepted a faith that gives his life deeper meaning. And explore the tough choices President Obama faced when he left a lucrative career in law to work in public service.
In 1967, Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke out about the state of our country and its leadership, saying, “We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now.” Forty years later Barack Obama stood in the same place Abraham Lincoln once stood, and announced he was running for president because of Dr. King’s words. He recognized a country in turmoil and a nation looking for something different, something better. As you read about the life of Barack Obama, look at the world around you and see how you too can participate in creating change for the better.
- uses a factual presentation that makes this book perfect for school assignments
- provides a non-biased look at Barack Obama’s life leading up to his election
- explores Barack Obama’s faith and the values his family instilled at a young age
- contains inspiring quotes from throughout his life and first presidential campaign
- Contributor(s)Bob Carlton , Ariele Gentiles
- About the Contributor(s) Bob Carlton is an encourager, connector, conversationalist, blogger, and friend. He is part of Journey Imperfect Faith Community in Austin,...Bob Carlton is an encourager, connector, conversationalist, blogger, and friend. He is part of Journey Imperfect Faith Community in Austin, Texas - an open, inclusive community of people helping one another follow Jesus as best they can. For more than 20 years, Bob has worked with tech start-ups, publishers, churches, and non-profits as they grapple with change and growth. Bob has spent the last several years working in the intersection of faith and online communities. Bob and his wife Lisa have two daughters, Mary and Katie.
Ariele Gentiles is a writer currently working as an editor of poetry for the Burnside Writers Collective. Some of her work can be found on the Burnside Writers Collective website, and in The Ankeny Briefcase. A native Texan currently residing in Portland, Oregon, she is soon returning to the Heartland to live and work in Austin.show more
- Publish Date07/13/2009
- PublisherZondervan/Youth Specialties
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $1.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.