An Introduction to Christian Philosophical Theology Video Lectures: Faith Seeking Understanding
- Regular price
- Sale price
An accessible introduction to Christian philosophical theology
Philosophical or analytic theology seeks to employ philosophical tools while studying topics in Christian theology and examining the logical consistency or intelligibility of some of the key doctrines of the Christian faith. In this accessible introduction, An Introduction to Christian Philosophical Theology, A Video Study, Stephen T. Davis and Eric T. Yang first explain the scope, relevance, and value of philosophical theology and then applies its conceptual tools to examine each of the core Christian doctrines:
- Revelation and Scripture
- The Trinity
- The Incarnation
- Redemption and the atonement,
- Resurrection and life after death
The final session briefly addresses some additional theological issues including petitionary prayer, eschatology, and original sin.
Designed for beginning students and non-specialists this guide provides the ideal entry point for not only understanding what philosophical theology is but also for how it can provide valuable insights for how we think about the core doctrines of the Christian faith.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
0 - Introduction (7 min)
1 - Philosophical Theology: What Is It? Why Do We Need It? (19 min)
2 - Revelation and Scripture (20 min)
3 - The Triune God (27 min)
4 - The Incarnation (25 min)
5 - Redemption and Atonement (23 min)
6 - Resurrection and Life after Death (27 min)
7 - Heaven and Hell (21 min)
8 - Additional Theological Issues (14 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Stephen T. Davis , Eric T. Yang
- About the Contributor(s) Stephen T. Davis (PhD, Claremont Graduate University) is Russell K. Pitzer professor of philosophy at Claremont McKenna College. He is...
Stephen T. Davis (PhD, Claremont Graduate University) is Russell K. Pitzer professor of philosophy at Claremont McKenna College. He is the author of many articles and books, including After We Die and Disputed Issues.
Eric Yang is an assistant professor of philosophy at Santa Clara University. He has published several articles and book chapters in philosophical theology, in particular on the Trinity, Incarnation, atonement, resurrection, and heaven.show more
- Publish Date11/17/2020
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.2 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)6.02 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.38(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $62.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.