All the Prayers of the Bible
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
"Through Prayer We Grasp Eternity" All the Prayers of the Bible is no mere recital of well-worn phrases--it is an outpouring of the heart to God. ... Read More
"Through Prayer We Grasp Eternity" All the Prayers of the Bible is no mere recital of well-worn phrases--it is an outpouring of the heart to God. The passion and beauty of prayer, to say nothing of its necessity and efficacy, are powerfully reflected in this remarkable devotional. Covering the vast sweep of biblical prayers, Dr. Herbert W. Lockyer not only summarizes them all, but also shows you what each book of the Bible reveals about prayer and its role in human life and history. A small sample of the kinds of prayer covered in this book includes: * Prayer in peril * Prayer and spiritual progress * Prayer without words * Prayer of fear * Prayer of gratitude * Prayer for understanding of affliction * Prayer as dialogue * Prayer of a grieved heart * Prayer of distress * Prayer for divine action Herbert W. Lockyer’s "All" books give you life-enriching insights into the Bible. From characters you can learn from, to teachings you can apply, to promises you can stand on and prophecies you can count on, Lockyer’s time-honored works help you wrap your mind around the Bible and get it into your heart. Lockyer’s books include All the Apostles of the Bible, All the Divine Names and Titles in the Bible, All the Doctrines of the Bible, All the Men of the Bible, All the Women of the Bible, All the Messianic Prophecies of the Bible, All the Miracles of the Bible, All the Parables of the Bible, All the Prayers of the Bible, and All the Promises of the Bible. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Herbert Lockyer
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Herbert Lockyer was born in London in 1886, and held pastorates in Scotland and England for 25 years before...Dr. Herbert Lockyer was born in London in 1886, and held pastorates in Scotland and England for 25 years before coming to the United States in 1935. In 1937 he received the honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Northwestern Evangelical Seminary. In 1955 he returned to England where he lived for many years. He then returned to the United States where he continued to devote time to the writing ministry until his death in November of 1984. show more
- Publish Date03/27/1990
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.74 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.7 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 6.13(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $13.29
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.