African Christian Theology
- Regular price
- Sale price
Christian theology evolves out of questions that are asked in a particular situation about how the Bible speaks to that situation. This book, African Christian Theology, is written to address questions that arise from the African context. It is intended to help students and others discover how theology affects our minds, our hearts, and our lives. As such, it speaks not only to Africans but to all who seek to understand and live out their faith in their own societies. Samuel Kunyihop understands both biblical theology and the African worldview and throws light on areas where they overlap, where they diverge, and why this matters. He explores traditional African understandings of God and how he reveals himself, the African understanding of sin and way the Bible sees sin, and how the work of Christ can be understood in African terms. The treatment of Christian living focuses on matters that are relevant to Christians in Africa and elsewhere, dealing with topics such as blessings and curses and the role of the church as a Christian community. The book concludes with a discussion of biblical thinking on death and the afterlife in which it also addresses the role traditionally ascribed to African ancestors.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Samuel Waje Kunhiyop
- About the Contributor(s) Samuel Waje Kunhiyop is General Secretary of ECWA (Evangelical Church Winning All) and a visiting Professor of Ethics at Brigham...
Samuel Waje Kunhiyop is General Secretary of ECWA (Evangelical Church Winning All) and a visiting Professor of Ethics at Brigham University, Karu, Nigeria. He was previously Head of the Postgraduate School, South African Theological Seminary, and Provost and Professor of Theology and Ethics at Jos ECWA Theological Seminary (JETS). He holds a BA (JETS), MAET (Western Seminary, Portland, Oregon), and the PhD (Trinity International University, Illinois).show more
- Publish Date12/04/2012
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Hippo
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.01 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $15.39
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.