A Year at St. Yoricks: Collected Magazines from the Parish of Gently Down
- Regular price
- Sale price
Another likely best-seller from Adrian Plass, A Year at St Yorick's will do for the Church of England what the Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass did for charismatic Christians. Remember the Sacred Diarist trying to take spiritual authority over a paper clip? This time Adrian Plass turns his satirical yet affectionate eye on the Church of England, in this spoof collection of monthly parish magazines which lampoons the life of a fictional rural parish. These are tempestuous times for the Church of England (the Toronto Blessing, the ongoing rumbles about disestablishment, the debate about monarchy, divorce and the state), and as ever Adrian's humour is full of wisdom and compassion as well as wild irreverence.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Adrian Plass
- About the Contributor(s) Adrian Plass is one of today's most significant and successful Christian authors, and he has written over thirty books, including...Adrian Plass is one of today's most significant and successful Christian authors, and he has written over thirty books, including his latest, Looking Good Being Bad - the Subtle Art of Churchmanship. Known for his ability to evoke both tears and laughter for a purpose, Plass has been reaching the hearts of thousands for over fifteen years. He lives in Sussex, England with his wife, Bridget, and continues to be a cricket fanatic show more
- Publish Date03/22/1998
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.47 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.48 lb
- Dimensions 8.44(h) x 6.31(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Price $9.79
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.