A Theology of Luke and Acts, A Video Study: 17 Lessons on Major Theological Themes
- Regular price
- Sale price
In A Theology of Luke and Acts, A Video Study, top New Testament scholar Darrell L. Bock offers an in-depth study of Luke's gospel and the book of Acts. The lessons provide a thorough exploration of the important introductory issues, major theological themes, and how each book relates to the broad picture of New Testament theology.
In his writing, Luke records the story of God working through Jesus to usher in a new era of promise and Spirit-enablement so that the people of God can be God's people even in the midst of a hostile world. It is a message the church still needs today. The lessons cover major Lukan themes and set forth the distinctive contribution of Luke-Acts to the New Testament and the canon of Scripture, providing students of the Bible with a comprehensive and holistic grasp of Lukan theology in the larger context of the Bible.
A Theology of Luke and Acts, A Video Study is part of The Zondervan Beyond the Basics Video Series, which is dedicated to bringing expert teaching from world's best biblical scholars and theologians directly to interested learners. A Theology of Luke and Acts, A Video Study offers the chance to learn about these important New Testament books from one of today's premier New Testament scholars.
Session Titles and Runtimes:
1 - An Introduction to Luke-Acts (20 min)
2 - God in Luke-Acts (20 min)
3 - Jesus in Luke-Acts (19 min)
4 - The Holy Spirit in Luke-Acts (20 min)
5 - The Salvation of God and Its Dimensions (24 min)
6 - Israel in Luke-Acts (19 min)
7 - The Gentiles and the Expression "the Nations" in Luke-Acts (20 min)
8 - The Church and the Way in Luke-Acts (22 min)
9 - Discipleship and Ethics in the New Community (26 min)
10 - How Response to Jesus Divides (20 min)
11 - Women, the Poor, and the Social Dimensions in Luke-Acts (20 min)
12 - The Law in Luke-Acts (15 min)
13 - Ecclesiology in Luke-Acts (19 min)
14 - Eschatology, Judgment, and Hope for the Future in Luke-Acts (20 min)
15 - The Scripture in Luke-Acts (21 min)
16 - Luke-Acts in the Canon (21 min)
17 - Conclusion (16 min)Read Less
- Contributor(s)Darrell L. Bock
- About the Contributor(s) Darrell L. Bock (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is senior research professor of New Testament studies and Executive Director for Cultural...
Darrell L. Bock (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is senior research professor of New Testament studies and Executive Director for Cultural Engagement at Dallas Theological Seminary. Known for his work in Luke-Acts, Dr. Bock is a Humboldt Scholar (Tubingen University in Germany), is on the editorial board for Christianity Today, and a past president of the Evangelical Theological Society (2000-2001). A New York Times bestselling author, Bock has written over forty books, including Luke in the NIV Application Commentary series.
- Publish Date11/21/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Zondervan Beyond the Basics Video Series
- Format DVD
- Weight (lbs)0.15 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)4.5 lb
- Dimensions 7.5(h) x 5.25(w) x 0.13(d) inches
- Running Time05:40:00
- Price $52.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.