A Gentleman Pens a Note: A Concise, Contemporary Guide to Personal Correspondence
- Regular price
- Sale price
A gentleman knows the importance of effectively expressing, in three or four sentences, his thanks for a gift or for a job interview, conveying his sympathy, or saying he is sorry. A Gentleman Pens a Note takes away the fear and discomfort a man experiences when faced with the task of writing a note by giving instruction and example in the proven style of the other GentleManners books.
A Gentleman Pens a Note contains examples of more than 40 different handwritten notes, as well as sentences to avoid. It also includes aphorisms and sidebars on subjects such as stationery, pens, and pre-printed notes.
- A gentleman does not expect a response when he has sent a thank-you note (or even a thank-you gift).
- A gentleman knows that words such as "Thank You," "Congratulations," or "With sympathy," will mean a great deal more written in his own hand than when gold-embossed by a printer.
- Contributor(s)John Bridges , Bryan Curtis
- About the Contributor(s) John Bridges, author of How to Be a Gentleman, is also the coauthor, with Bryan Curtis, of seven other volumes in...
John Bridges, author of How to Be a Gentleman, is also the coauthor, with Bryan Curtis, of seven other volumes in the best-selling GentleManners series. He is a frequent guest on television and radio news programs, always championing gentlemanly behavior in modern society. Bridges has appeared on the Today Show, the Discovery Channel, and CBS Sunday Morning, and has been profiled in People magazine and the New York Times.
Bryan Curtis is an author and the president of Dance Floor Books. He is the author/coauthor and editor of more than 25 books, including My South, My Southern Food, Classic Wisdom for the Good Life, Classic Wisdom for the Professional Life, and the popular GentleManners series.
- Publish Date03/21/2003
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $5.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.