A Brief Survey of the Bible Study Guide with DVD: Discovering the Big Picture of God's Story from Genesis to Revelation
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and over the centuries it has changed people’s lives and led them to God. Yet sometimes it can be a difficult book to understand. The culture in which the Bible was written is so different from our own that at times we struggle to understand what it means or how it is relevant to our modern lives.
In A Brief Survey of the Bible, Bible professors John Walton and Mark Strauss give you the background you need to successfully understand even the difficult parts of the Word of God. They provide an overview of the Bible’s key themes, show what the teachings meant to the people at the time, and explain how those teachings apply to your life today. By the end, you will have a greater understanding of Scripture, know how all the books work together, and understand what God has done to make a way for you to come to him.
- Introduction (19:30)
- Genesis—Exodus (20:00)
- Leviticus—Deuteronomy (17:30)
- Joshua—1 Samuel (20:30)
- 2 Samuel—2 Kings (19:00)
- 1 Chronicles—Nehemiah (18:00)
- Esther—Psalm 90 (20:00)
- Psalm 91—Song of Songs (20:30)
- Isaiah—Lamentations (20:30)
- Ezekiel—Malachi (20:00)
- Matthew (19:30)
- Mark—Acts 8 (24:00)
- Acts 9—Philemon (21:00)
- Hebrews—Revelation (24:00)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John H. Walton , Mark L. Strauss
- About the Contributor(s) John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the...
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: God’s Purpose, God’s Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.
Mark L. Strauss (PhD, Aberdeen) is university professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary, where he has served since 1993. His books include Four Portraits, One Jesus; How to Read the Bible in Changing Times; The Essential Bible Companion; and commentaries on Mark and Luke. He also serves as vice chair of the Committee on Bible Translation for the New International Version translation.
- Publish Date12/15/2015
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.56 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)13.33 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $34.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.