1 and 2 Kings
- Regular price
- Sale price
Continuing a Gold Medallion Award-winning legacy, this completely revised edition of The Expositor’s Bible Commentary series puts world-class biblical scholarship in your hands. Based on the original twelve-volume set that has become a staple in college and seminary libraries and pastors’ studies worldwide, this new thirteen-volume edition marshals the most current evangelical scholarship and resources. The thoroughly revised features consist of: • Comprehensive introductions • Short and precise bibliographies • Detailed outlines • Insightful expositions of passages and verses • Overviews of sections of Scripture to illuminate the big picture • Occasional reflections to give more detail on important issues • Notes on textual questions and special problems, placed close to the texts in question • Transliterations and translations of Hebrew and Greek words, enabling readers to understand even the more technical notes • A balanced and respectful approach toward marked differences of opinionRead Less
- Contributor(s)Richard D. Patterson , Hermann J. Austel , Tremper Longman III , David E. Garland
- About the Contributor(s) Richard D. Patterson (PhD, University of California, Los Angeles) is distinguished professor emeritus, Liberty University. He has been involved in...Richard D. Patterson (PhD, University of California, Los Angeles) is distinguished professor emeritus, Liberty University. He has been involved in twelve different Bible projects either as a translator, peer reviewer, or contributor. He has written well over 100 articles for major publishers and periodicals, and has served as associate editor of Zondervan's New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis. He is currently authoring Joel and Kings (with Hermann Austel) for the second edition of the Expositor's Bible Commentary series. He and his wife, Anna, live in Simpsonville,South Carolina.
Hermann Austel was professor of Hebrew and Old Testament at Northwest Baptist Seminary. He coauthored Kings in the Expositor's Bible Commentary and was a contributor to the New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis.
Tremper Longman III (PhD, Yale University) is a distinguished scholar and Professor Emeritus of Biblical Studies at Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. He is on the advisory council of the BioLogos Foundation, and is the Old Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and general editor for the Story of God Bible Commentary Old Testament, and has authored many articles and books on the Psalms and other Old Testament books.
David E. Garland (PhD, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is William B. Hinson Professor of Christian Scriptures and dean for academic affairs at George W. Truett Seminary, Baylor University. He is the New Testament editor for the revised Expositor's Bible Commentary and the author of various books and commentaries, including Mark and Colossians/Philemon in the NIV Application Commentary, and the article on Mark in the Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary. He and his wife, Diana, reside in Waco, Texas.show more
- Publish Date03/07/2017
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series The Expositor's Bible Commentary
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $9.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.