Praying the Names of God
- Regular price
- Sale price
A twenty-six-week devotional study by the bestselling coauthor of Women of the Bible. Names in the ancient world did more than simply distinguish one person from another, they often conveyed the essential nature and character of a person. This is especially true when it comes to the names of God recorded in the Bible.
Praying the Names of God explores the primary names and titles of God in the Old Testament to reveal the deeper meanings behind them. El Shaddai, Elohim, Adonai, Abba, El Elyon—God Almighty, Mighty Creator, Lord, Father, God Most High—these are just a few of the names and titles of God that yield rich insights into his nature and character.
Praying the Names of God shows readers how to study and pray God’s names by focusing each week on one of the primary names or titles of God:
• Monday—readers study a portion of Scripture that reveals the name.
• Tuesday–Thursday—readers pray specific Scripture passages related to the name.
• Friday—readers pray Scripture promises connected to the name.
By incorporating the divine names and titles into their prayers—and learning about the biblical context in which the name was revealed—readers will gain a more intimate understanding of who God is and how he can be relied on in every circumstance of their lives. Praying the Names of God is a unique devotional, one that offers a rich program of daily prayer and study designed to lead people into fresh encounters with the living God.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ann Spangler
- About the Contributor(s) Ann Spangler is an award-winning writer and the author of many bestselling books, including Praying the Names of God, Women...
Ann Spangler is an award-winning writer and the author of many bestselling books, including Praying the Names of God, Women of the Bible and Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus. She is also the author of The One Year Devotions for Women and the general editor of the Names of God Bible. Ann’s fascination with and love of Scripture have resulted in books that have opened the Bible to a wide range of readers. She and her two daughters live in Grand Rapids, Michigan.show more
- Publish Date09/06/2016
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.7 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.63 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.96(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $12.74