The Case for Easter Study Guide: Investigating the Evidence for the Resurrection
- Regular price
- Sale price
In his bestselling book The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel retraced his spiritual journey from atheism to faith by showing how the evidence he obtained from experts in the field of history, archaeology, and ancient manuscripts led him to the verdict that Jesus truly was the Son of God. Now, in this four-week study for Easter (DVD/digital downloads sold separately), Lee investigates the story surrounding the resurrection of Jesus—and how we can know that it is true.
In each session, he will explore the following aspects of the Easter story:
- What the Gospel accounts actually say about Jesus' death and resurrection, how we can reconcile the discrepancies between the accounts, and how we can know the biblical accounts are accurate
- How we can use a technique known as "five minimal facts"—facts on which even skeptical scholars agree are true—and medical evidence to build a strong case for Jesus' resurrection
- What the evidence in the Gospels reveals about the Jesus' tomb being empty, why the Gospel writers are credible when they make this claim, and what this evidence leads us to conclude
- Who the Bible states witnessed Jesus being alive after the crucifixion, how early creeds emerged that stated Jesus was alive, and how it’s clear the early church carried on this teaching
The Case for Easter invites participants to examine the evidence for themselves and consider whether the story of Jesus' resurrection makes sense. It will point them to the inescapable conclusion that led Lee from atheism to Christianity: Jesus was the Son of God who conquered the grave.
Designed for use with The Case for Christmas Video Study/The Case for Easter Video Study (sold separately). This DVD is a set of two videos to accompany The Case for Christmas Study Guide and The Case for Easter Study Guide (each guide sold separately).Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lee Strobel , Bill Butterworth
- About the Contributor(s) Lee Strobel was the award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune and is the bestselling author of The Case for...
Lee Strobel was the award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune and is the bestselling author of The Case for Christ, The Case for Christ Devotional, The Case for Christianity Answer Book, The Case for Faith, The Case for a Creator, The Case for Miracles, and The Miracles Answer Book. With a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, Lee has won four Gold Medallions for publishing excellence and coauthored the Christian Book of the Year. Lee is President of the Lee Strobel Center for Evangelism and Applied Apologetics at Colorado Christian University. Visit Lee’s website at: leestrobel.com
Bill Butterworth is a sought-after speaker in venues throughout North America. A highly regarded author, Butterworth has written books on topics ranging from sports to psychology and self-help issues; he's been a columnist, editor, and script writer. He lives with his wife, Kathi, in Newport Beach, California. show more
- Publish Date11/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)65.04 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.44(w) x 0.25(d) inches
- Price $7.69