Get Off Your Knees and Pray: A Woman's Guide to Life-Changing Prayer
- Regular price
- Sale price
Having trouble talking to God? You’re not alone.
We know we can talk to God, but it just sounds so important, so intimidating, so religious. We assume that only the very spiritual talk to him or hear from him directly. But author Sheila Walsh says, "Every sound we utter, every thank you we say, every tear we cry in God's presence is prayer."
Get Off Your Knees and Pray is a real woman's guide to real prayer―from understanding the biblical basis for prayer to cultivating a vital personal relationship with God. It is the perfect blend of practical advice, personal stories, and biblical truth to encourage and help you achieve greater intimacy with God through prayer. Prayer is not just a few sentences we say while on our knees. It is living out our ongoing, every-moment commitment to God.
"Sheila steers us away from prayer as formula (say the right things the right way and God responds) and toward prayer as picture―a picture of God's desired relationship. Talking. Listening. Trusting. Living. This volume, warm and witty like its author, deserves a spot on every reading calendar." ―Max Lucado, best-selling author and minister
"No matter what kind of difficulty you have about prayer, this book will help. Sheila has experienced all of them, and she will take you through them to where God has taken her: straight into His very real and accepting Presence." ―Dr. Henry Cloud, speaker and coauthor of BoundariesRead Less
- Contributor(s)Sheila Walsh
- About the Contributor(s) Sheila Walsh is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and bestselling author with more than five million books sold. She is the author of...
Sheila Walsh is a powerful communicator, Bible teacher, and bestselling author with more than five million books sold. She is the author of the award-winning Gigi, God’s Little Princess series, Peace for Today, Loved Back to Life, The Storm Inside, Five Minutes with Jesus and The Longing in Me. She is cohost of Life Today with James and Betty Robison. Sheila lives in Dallas, Texas, with her husband, Barry, and son, Christian.
- Publish Date02/16/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.58 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)21.03 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.