CONTEXT CHANGES EVERYTHING
You’ve heard many Bible stories hundreds of times, but how many behind-the-scenes details are you missing? Sometimes a little context is all you need to discover the rich meaning behind the stories of Scripture.
For the first time available in the New Revised Standard Version, the award-winning Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible, with notes from Dr. John H. Walton (Wheaton College) and Dr. Craig S. Keener (Asbury Theological Seminary), is packed with expert insight into the customs, culture, and literature of the ancient world.
Discover new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar Bible passages as you take a behind-the-scenes tour into the world of the Bible.
Expertly designed for the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV) text, Comfort Print® delivers a smooth reading experience that complements the foremost Bible translation vetted by Protestant, Catholic, Orthodox, Evangelical, and Jewish scholars. Renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability, the NRSV faithfully serves the church in personal spiritual formation, in the liturgy, and in the academy.
- The text of the New Revised Standard Version (Protestant canon), vetted by an ecumenical pool of Christian academics and renowned for its beautiful balance of scholarship and readability
- Exclusive Zondervan NRSV Comfort Print® typeface
- Targeted book introductions explain the context in which each book of the Bible was written
- Insightful and informative verse-by-verse study notes reveal new dimensions of insight to even the most familiar passages
- Key Old Testament (Hebrew) and New Testament terms are explained and expanded upon in two helpful reference features
- Over 300 in-depth articles on key contextual topics
- 375 full-color photos, illustrations, and images from around the world
- Dozens of charts, maps, and diagrams in vivid color
- Additional study Bible tools: cross references, NRSV Authorized Concise Glossary and Concordance, indexes, and other helps
- 10.4-point print size