Friend of Sinners Study Guide with DVD: Why Jesus Cares More About Relationship Than Perfection
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Bible tells us that Jesus was called a lot of names by people. Many of the religious leaders of the day were jealous of his success and wanted to discredit him in the eyes of the public, so they said all sorts of crazy things about him. They whispered that he was an illegitimate child. They accused him of being demon-possessed. They denounced him to the Roman authorities as a rioter and a threat of public peace.
In this five-session video Bible study (DVD/digital videos sold separately), pastor and author Rich Wilkerson, Jr. reveals how one of their nicknames for Jesus was true: “Here is a . . . friend of tax collectors and sinners” (Luke 7:34). In the religious leaders’ minds this was one of the greatest indictments imaginable, but for Jesus it was a sign of success because it was the very definition of his mission. Today, Jesus still calls us “friends,” not because of who we are or what we have done but because of who he is. While he was on earth, he knew that people needed to feel as if they belonged before they would want to behave.
Rich shows that by following his example, we can have the same clear conviction and compassion for the lost that Jesus did. When we embrace the truth that we all need Jesus equally, and when we trust him to bring transformation in people’s hearts, we will walk as Jesus walked, experiencing the glory of God in our own lives and in the lives of those around us.
- Missed Message
- Weight Shift
- Lost and Found
- Comfortably Uncomfortable
- How to Be Great
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Rich Wilkerson Jr.
- About the Contributor(s) Rich Wilkerson Jr. and his wife, DawnCheré, pastor VOUS Church, a meeting place of faith, creativity, and diversity in Miami,...
Rich Wilkerson Jr. and his wife, DawnCheré, pastor VOUS Church, a meeting place of faith, creativity, and diversity in Miami, Florida. Every June, they also host thousands of young adults at the annual VOUS Conference in South Beach. He is the author of Sandcastle Kings: Meeting Jesus in a Spiritually Bankrupt World and an internationally recognized speaker who has logged over two million air miles preaching the gospel around the globe. www.vouschurch.comshow more
- Publish Date04/24/2018
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.45 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)10.79 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.9(d) inches
- Price $27.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.