Prayer: Does It Make Any Difference?
- Regular price
- Sale price
Philip Yancey probes the very heartbeat of our relationship with God: prayer. What is prayer? Does it change God's mind or ours or both? This book is an invitation to communicate with God the Father who invites us into an eternal partnership through prayer.
Polls reveal that 90 percent of people pray. Yet prayer, which should be the most nourishing and uplifting time of the believer's day, can also be frustrating, confusing, and fraught with mystery.
Writing as a fellow pilgrim, bestselling author Philip Yancey probes such questions as:
- Is God listening?
- Why should God care about me?
- If God knows everything, what's the point of prayer?
- Why do answers to prayer seem so inconsistent?
- Why does God sometimes seem close and sometimes seem far away?
- How can I make prayer more satisfying?
In this powerful read, Yancey tackles the tough questions and, in the process, comes up with a fresh new approach to this timeless topic.
"I have learned to pray as a privilege, not a duty," he says, and he invites you to join him on this all-important journey.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Philip Yancey
- About the Contributor(s) Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two...
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Learn more at philipyancey.com
- Publish Date02/09/2016
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.72 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.19 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.9(d) inches
- Price $12.74