Where Has Oprah Taken Us?: The Religious Influence of the World's Most Famous Woman
- Regular price
- Sale price
New York Times best-selling author, Stephen Mansfield, traces the fascinating and influential life of Oprah Winfrey, profiling her quest for spiritual enlightenment?a well-publicized journey featuring a caravan of experts, mystics, and gurus?all claiming to have a prescription for inner peace and personal well-being. Mansfield shows how Oprah's story fits into our larger cultural experience and reveals why her spiritual discoveries have resonated so loudly in today's popular culture. In so doing, he sheds needed light on the dangers of a spiritual journey fueled solely by a desire for self-actualization.
In the end, we find that the story of Oprah is, in fact, the story of us?of a generation searching desperately for something meaningful to believe in.
"Wow. Stephen Mansfield reveals the Oprah story no other dares to tell?and with a two-edged sword that rightly divides the truth from the lies." ?STAR PARKER, nationally syndicated columnist and media commentator
"As a lens can focus all the sun into one searing spot of incandescence, Where Has Oprah Taken Us? focuses the vastness of popular culture through the lens of Oprah's amazing life to bring us this towering and insightful story. Stephen Mansfield offers us an unvarnished account of Winfrey's life (and our own spiritual wandering) told graciously and irresistibly. You will be thrilled, disturbed, and astounded, but ultimately inspired and uplifted." ?RABBI DANIEL LAPIN, American Alliance of Jews and ChristiansRead Less
- Contributor(s)Stephen Mansfield
- About the Contributor(s) Stephen Mansfield is the New York Times bestselling author of Lincoln's Battle with God, The Faith of Barack Obama, Pope...
Stephen Mansfield is the New York Times bestselling author of Lincoln's Battle with God, The Faith of Barack Obama, Pope Benedict XVI, Searching for God and Guinness, and Never Give In: The Extraordinary Character of Winston Churchill. He lives in Nashville, Tennessee, with his wife, Beverly.
- Publish Date11/08/2011
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.