When Your Father Dies: How a Man Deals with the Loss of His Father
- Regular price
- Sale price
Whether his passing was sudden or gradual, regardless of the health of the father-son relationship . . . when the man who gave you life dies, a part of you dies as well. It is an emotional rite of passage that affects who you are, how you relate to others, how you deal with your past, and how you face your future.
You will find study questions at the end of each chapter in this book as authors Dave Veerman and Bruce Barton share their own emotional journeys, along with the insights and practical advice of professional counselors.
Each chapter of When Your Father Dies also focuses on a specific life experience with personal accounts of men – some famous and some not – who have lost their fathers:
"My father's death changed my relationship with God. I learned that He's in charge, not me."
"When I realized how young my dad had died [at 59], I knew that I had no time to waste if I was going to make something of my life."
More than a book about grief, When your Father Dies is a map through the complex emotions and chages a man goes through following the loss of his father.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dave Veerman , Bruce B. Barton
- About the Contributor(s) Dave Veerman played high school basketball and football and college football, has finished six marathons, and is a die-hard Cubs...Dave Veerman played high school basketball and football and college football, has finished six marathons, and is a die-hard Cubs fan. A graduate of Wheaton College and Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Dave has written more than sixty books. He also served as a Senior Editor of the Life Application Study Bible and Student’s Life Application Study Bible. The father of two daughters and a founding partner of The Livingstone Corporation, Dave and his wife, Gail, live in Naperville, Illinois.
Bruce B. Barton is the general editor of the NIV Life Application Study Bible, and founder, owner and CEO of the Livingstone Corporation, a company that has produced 11 Gold Medallion winning books/Bibles. show more
- Publish Date10/03/2006
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.54 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.44 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $9.79
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.