What Southern Women Know about Faith: Kitchen Table Stories and Back Porch Comfort
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
Come, sip a glass of sweet tea and sit for a spell with Ronda on the porch swing as she tells you stories of happiness and heartache, friends and f... Read More
Come, sip a glass of sweet tea and sit for a spell with Ronda on the porch swing as she tells you stories of happiness and heartache, friends and family, and a faith that’s strong enough to handle anything life throws your way. As Ronda shares, Southerners don’t just talk about God, they have a “kitchen-table faith,” that feels like a comfortable, trusted neighbor who sits down and stays for a good, long visit. It’s a faith you live and breathe, day-in, day-out, whether it’s praying to the good Lord as you sit on the porch swing or finding joy in a delicious pan of cornbread. As Ronda says, Southern faith “is a faith that is plain, simple, and sturdy, that is utilitarian in practice and that fits as comfortably in the hands of Southern women as a baby, an iron skillet, a hair brush, a telephone, or a broom.” From stories of moonshine and revivals, Sunday dinners and new Easter outfits, prayers answered and griefs shared, you’ll discover a faith that supports you when the trials and heartaches of life cause you to stumble, a faith that grabs you by the elbow and steadies you on the path. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Ronda Rich
- About the Contributor(s) Ronda Rich, an eleventh-generation Southerner, is the bestselling author of What Southern Women Know (That Every Woman Should) and a...Ronda Rich, an eleventh-generation Southerner, is the bestselling author of What Southern Women Know (That Every Woman Should) and a popular national columnist. She speaks with Southern charm and humor at over a hundred events each year. She has appeared on dozens of television and radio shows. Ronda and her dachshund, Dixie Dew, make their home among the red clay hills of her native homeland. For more on Ronda, visit www.RondaRich.com show more
- Publish Date03/24/2009
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $4.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.