What Is Theology?: A Zondervan Digital Short
- Regular price
- Sale price
Every seminary in the world offers classes on Christian theology, but what at is its core is theology? Is it a practical or theoretical discipline? Is it centrally a matter of faith or of reason? What are its proper means and ends? Derived from Michael Horton’s recently released The Christian Faith, already one of the most significant systematic theologies of the past 50 years, this digital short explores the discipline of theology through the lens of philosophy, Scripture, ministry, and the church, laying a foundation for pursuing theology as hearing, wisdom, understanding, and more.
“Theology serves the function of articulating the identity of this God so that he may be properly invoked,” Horton writes. This short work constructs a conceptual framework for pastors, theologians, and students wanting to think more deeply about the foundational discipline of Christian thought and practice.
- Contributor(s)Michael Horton
- About the Contributor(s) Michael Horton (PhD) is Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary in California. Author of many books, including The Christian...
Michael Horton (PhD) is Professor of Systematic Theology and Apologetics at Westminster Seminary in California. Author of many books, including The Christian Faith: A Systematic Theology for Pilgrims on the Way, he also hosts the White Horse Inn radio program. He lives with his wife, Lisa, and four children in Escondido, California.
- Publish Date05/29/2012
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $1.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.