Voting as a Christian: The Social Issues
- Regular price
- Sale price
Written not by a journalist or politician but rather by a theology professor with a Ph.D. in New Testament studies, Voting as a Christian: The Social Issues begins with the assumption that God intended the Bible to give guidance to every area of life—including how governments should function. Derived from author Wayne Grudem’s magisterial Politics—According to the Bible, this book highlights those social issues that have dominated political debate recently. Throughout, author Wayne Grudem supports political positions that would be called more "conservative" than "liberal." However, “it is important to understand that I see these positions as flowing out of the Bible's teachings rather than positions I hold prior to, or independently of, those biblical teachings," he writes. "My primary purpose in the book is not to be liberal or conservative, or Democrat or Republican, but to explain a biblical worldview and a biblical perspective on issues of politics, law, and government." Concise yet carefully argued, this book is a must-read for any Christian concerned about current debates over social issues such as abortion, education, homosexual marriage, pornography, religious freedom, and others. Not every reader will agree with the book's conclusions. But by grounding his analysis deeply on Scripture, Grudem has equipped Christians to better understand and respond to some of today's key political debates wisely and in a manner consistent with their primary citizenship as members and ambassadors of the kingdom of God.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Wayne A. Grudem
- About the Contributor(s) Wayne Grudem is research professor of Theology and Biblical Studies at Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. He holds degrees from...
Wayne Grudem is research professor of Theology and Biblical Studies at Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. He holds degrees from Harvard (AB), Westminster Theological Seminary (MDiv, DD), and Cambridge (PhD). He is the author of more than a dozen books including the bestselling Systematic Theology.
- Publish Date02/06/2012
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.55 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.57 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.