- Regular price
- Sale price
The number of people choosing meatless meals is on the increase. And a vegan vegetarian diet -- one without any animal products -- is an unusually healthy one because it is high in fiber, low in saturated fat, and very nutritious. "Too many vegan recipes have relied on exotic and difficult-to-find ingredients or tedious, time-consuming techniques," says Jannequin Bennett, executive chef of a restaurant in a AAA Five Diamond, Mobile Five Star hotel. "But Very Vegetarian has recipes made with common foodstuffs that are uncommonly delicious."
Very Vegetarian is presented by and introduced by 9-time Olympic gold medal winner Carl Lewis, who says that a vegan diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole complex carbohydrates, high quality proteins, and natural fats is the best way to ensure a person's health and longevity.
In addition to a wide range of more than 250 mouth-watering recipes, Very Vegetarian includes a helpful introduction about eating vegan and 16 pages of beautiful four-color photographs. The book will help the person who is beginning to choose meatless meals by providing nutritional information and recipes featuring familiar foods and techniques. For those who have more experience with a plant-based diet, the book offers recipes that will broaden their culinary horizons.
Endorsed by the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Contributor(s)Jannequin Bennett
- About the Contributor(s) Jannequin Bennett is executive chef at TJ's Restaurant, featuring Mediterranean cuisine with Asian accents, in the Jefferson Hotel inRichmond, Virginia....Jannequin Bennett is executive chef at TJ's Restaurant, featuring Mediterranean cuisine with Asian accents, in the Jefferson Hotel inRichmond, Virginia. The Jefferson is a AAA Five Diamond, Mobile Five Star Hotel. show more
- Publish Date09/21/2001
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.