Vanishing Grace Study Guide with DVD: Whatever Happened to the Good News?
- Regular price
- Sale price
“Why does the church stir up such negative feelings?” Philip Yancey has been asking this all his life as a journalist. His perennial question is more relevant now than ever: research shows that favorable opinions of Christianity have plummeted drastically—and opinions of Evangelicals have taken even deeper dives.
Yet while opinions about Christianity are dropping, interest in spirituality is rising. Why the disconnect? Why are so many asking, “What’s so good about the Good News?”
In Vanishing Grace, Yancey shows the desperate need our world has for grace, and how Christians can truly make the gospel good news again. In this video-based small group Bible study, participants will explore what kind of news is good to a culture that thinks it has rejected the Christian version. Wading deep into the transformative power of grace, they will hear illuminating stories of how faith can be expressed in ways that disarm even the most cynical.
- We've Got Problems (19:00)
- What Can We Do About It? (21:00)
- Who Are the Grace Dispensers? (21:00)
- Is It Really Good News? (20:00)
- Holy Subversives (20:00)
This pack contains one study guide and one DVD.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Philip Yancey
- About the Contributor(s) Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two...
Philip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Learn more at philipyancey.com
- Publish Date11/04/2014
- Format DVD and Trade Paper
- Weight (lbs)0.46 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)11.06 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $25.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.