Understanding Islam: Nelson's Quick Guide to Religions
- Regular price
- Sale price
A quick but thorough introduction to the culture, history, and practices of the world's second largest religion!
- What Muslims really believe about God, the world, and their place in it
- How Muhammad established a religion that now stretches around the world
- The meaning of Jihad, and how it fits into Islamic teaching
- The role of terrorism in an Islamic worldview
- The place of women in the Muslim world
- Why Palestine continues to be a point of contention with the Muslim people
- How Christians should relate to people from Muslim countries
- 20 recently asked questions about Islam
- Glossary of key terms
- List of resources
- Contributor(s)James A. Beverley
- About the Contributor(s) James A. Beverley is Associate Director of the Institute for the Study of American Religion in Santa Barbara, California and...
James A. Beverley is Associate Director of the Institute for the Study of American Religion in Santa Barbara, California and a Professor at Tyndale Seminary in Toronto, Canada. He is a contributing editor to Christianity Today magazine, and a frequent contributor to Faith Today and Charisma magazines. He has specialized for twenty years in the study of modern religious movements. He is the author of many books including Holy Laughter & the Toronto Blessing. Jim and Gloria have two adult children.show more
- Publish Date12/01/2001
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.26 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.81 lb
- Dimensions 8.0(h) x 5.0(w) x 0.25(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.