Traveling Tennessee: A Complete Tour Guide to the Volunteer State from the Highlands of the Smoky Mountains to the Banks of the Mississippi River
- Regular price
- Sale price
A complete tour guide to the Volunteer State from the highlands of the Smoky Mountains to the banks of the Mississippi River.
Tennessee is a state of endless diversity. It boasts breath-taking scenery, the homes of three presidents, and the birthplace of legendary frontiersman Davy Crockett. It is the birthplace of the blues and the home of the King of rock 'n' roll. It offers a wealth of opportunities for hiking, canoeing, fishing, and wildlife viewing in state and national parks, recreation areas, and forests. From mountain highroads to delta lands, this comprehensive guide invites you to the best of Tennessee's bed and breakfasts, museums, historic sites, restaurants, antique shops, and such attractions as:
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- The National Storytelling Festival in Jonesborough
- The South's favorite outlet shopping in Pigeon Forge
- Coker Creek, the site of Tennessee's gold rush
- World-class whitewater rafting on the Obed and Ocoee Rivers
- The Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area
- The Chattanooga Choo Choo and the Tennessee State Aquarium
- Civil War battlefields like Stones River and Shiloh
- The Jack Daniel Distillery in Lynchburg
- The Natchez Trace Parkway
- Musical venues from the Grand Ole Opry to Beale Street
- The largest Middle Woodland Indian Mound in the southeast
- A half-mile-long reprodction of the Mississippi River
Traveling Tennessee does more than get you where you want to go. It also educates you about the state's heritage, excites you about its vacation possibilities, and entertains you with accounts of the authors' own experiences.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Cathy Summerlin , Vernon Summerlin
- About the Contributor(s) Vernon Summerlin has written seven books, including The Compleat Tennessee Angler, and hundreds of magazine articles on travel and the...Vernon Summerlin has written seven books, including The Compleat Tennessee Angler, and hundreds of magazine articles on travel and the outdoors. He has won more than thirty awards for his writing and photography. He also cohosts The Summerlins' Destination Outdoors radio show with his wife, Cathy. They live quietly in rural Williamson County, Tennessee. show more
- Publish Date02/01/1999
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.34 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)21.45 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 7.55(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $10.47
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.