They Like Jesus but Not the Church Participant's Guide: Six Sessions Responding to Culture's Objections to Christianity
- Regular price
- Sale price
In this six-session small group Bible study, They Like Jesus But Not the Church, Dan Kimball explores and addresses the most common objections and misconceptions about Christianity.
Ask someone today if he or she likes Jesus, and the answer is usually yes. But ask if that person likes the church, and chances are you will get a far less favorable response.
Led by author Dan Kimball, this six-session small group Bible study will help you explore and respond truthfully, caringly, and engagingly to the most common objections and misunderstandings culture has about the church and Christianity. Through interviews with those who like Jesus but not the church and teaching by Dan Kimball, this small group Bible study will teach you how to respond to the common objections of the faith. Includes discussion questions and resource listings.
This Participant Guide is designed for use together with the They Like Jesus But Not the Church DVD (sold separately) and includes discussion questions for individuals and groups. When used together, they provide you with a practical tool than can strengthen your faith.
1. The Danger of the Christian Bubble
2. Is the Church Negative, Judgmental, and Political?
3. Does the Church Restrict and Oppress Women?
4. Is the Church Homophobic?
5. Do Christians Arrogantly Think All Other Religions Are Wrong?
6. Are Christians Fundamentalists Who Take The Whole Bible Literally?
- Contributor(s)Dan Kimball
- About the Contributor(s) Dan Kimball is the author of several books on leadership, church, and culture. He is on staff at Vintage Faith...
Dan Kimball is the author of several books on leadership, church, and culture. He is on staff at Vintage Faith Church in Santa Cruz, California. He also is on faculty with Western Seminary and leads the ReGeneration Project which is encouraging theology and mission to be part of younger generations lives and churches. He enjoys comic art, Ford Mustangs, and punk and rockabilly music. His passion is to see the church and Christians follow and represent Jesus in the world with love, intelligence, and creativity.show more
- Publish Date02/19/2008
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.46 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.33 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Running Time02:10:00
- Price $6.29
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.