The Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible, Volume 2: Revised Full-Color Edition
- Regular price
- Sale price
Revised edition. Volume 2 of 5. The Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible has been a classic Bible study resource for more than thirty years. Now thoroughly revised, this new five-volume edition provides up-to-date entries based on the latest scholarship. Beautiful full-color pictures supplement the text, which includes new articles in addition to thorough updates and improvements of existing topics. Different viewpoints of scholarship permit a wellrounded perspective on significant issues relating to doctrines, themes, and biblical interpretation. The goal remains the same: to provide pastors, teachers, students, and devoted Bible readers a comprehensive and reliable library of information. • More than 5,000 pages of vital information on Bible lands and people • More than 7,500 articles alphabetically arranged for easy reference • Hundreds of full-color and black-and-white illustrations, charts, and graphs • 32 pages of full-color maps and hundreds of black-and-white outline maps for ready reference • Scholarly articles ranging across the entire spectrum of theological and biblical topics, backed by the most current body of archaeological research • 238 contributors from around the worldRead Less
- Contributor(s)Merrill C. Tenney , Moisés Silva
- About the Contributor(s) Merrill C. Tenney was professor of theological studies and dean of the Graduate school of Theology at Wheaton College, where...
Merrill C. Tenney was professor of theological studies and dean of the Graduate school of Theology at Wheaton College, where he taught from 1944 to 1982. In addition to teaching New Testament and Greek, he was the general editor of the Zondervan Pictorial Bible Dictionary, served on the original translation team for the New American Standard Bible, and wrote several books. Tenney was an advocate of fundamentalism and a second president of the Evangelical Theological Society. He was born in Massachusetts and received his education from Nyack Missionary Training Institute, Gordon College of Theology and Missions, Boston University, and Harvard University. He and his wife Helen and two sons.
Moisés Silva taught biblical studies at Westmont College, Westminster Theological Seminary, and Gordon-Conwell Seminary. He is the author or coauthor of eight books and the revising editor of the Zondervan Encyclopedia of the Bible. show more
- Publish Date08/20/2010
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $43.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.