The World Is Awake: A celebration of everyday blessings
- Regular price
- Sale price
Age Range: 4 to 8
This joyful journey through an ordinary day inspires children to be thankful for all of God’s blessings that surround them. From blooming flowers in the backyard to the roaring animals at the zoo … The World Is Awake!
Written by ABC News correspondent and bestselling author Linsey Davis and paired with lush, whimsical illustrations by Lucy Fleming, The World Is Awake, A Celebration of Everyday Blessings is a lyrical walk through a day filled with love as seen through the magnificent world of our Creator. Engaging and uplifting, this picture book reminds young children they are safely cradled in the hands of God, surrounded by all his wonderful blessings.
This is the day the Lord has made.
A butterfly floats through the sun and the shade,
while dragonflies flit past the flowers and trees
and grasshoppers hop in the soft morning breeze.
The World Is Awake:
- Combines ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis’s lyrical rhymes with Lucy Fleming’s whimsical art
- Is an inspiring and reassuring story for boys and girls about being thankful for the everyday blessings that surround them
- Is the perfect read-aloud picture book for kids ages 4–8
- Contributor(s)Linsey Davis , Joseph Bottum , Lucy Fleming
- About the Contributor(s) Linsey Davis is an Emmy Award-winning journalist and ABC News correspondent, hosting ABC News Live and reporting for World News,...
Linsey Davis is an Emmy Award-winning journalist and ABC News correspondent, hosting ABC News Live and reporting for World News, Good Morning America, 20/20, and Nightline. She is also the bestselling author of the children’s books The World Is Awake and One Big Heart. Linsey lives in New York with her husband and son, who is her biggest inspiration. You can follow her on Instagram@linseytdavis.
Lucy Fleming has been an avid doodler and bookworm since early childhood. Drawing always seemed like so much fun, but she never dreamed it could be a full-time job! She studied art and practiced drawing every day, and in no time, she went on to graduate from the University of Lincoln (UK), having specialized in illustration. She leapt straight into a career as a professional children’s book illustrator and hasn’t looked back since. She lives and works in a small town in England, surrounded by farmland and trees and accompanied by a little, black cat. When not at her desk, she prefers nothing more than to be outdoors in the sunshine with a hot cup of tea.
- Publish Date02/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.01 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.23 lb
- Dimensions 11.25(h) x 9.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $12.59