- Regular price
- Sale price
After getting the green light from her network to launch an investigative news show, Erica flies to Bismarck, North Dakota, to investigate Take Back Our Homeland, the largest secessionist group. What she finds is profoundly disturbing—a growing threat to the future of our union.
Back home, her husband Greg is drinking more and talking less—and taking an unusual interest in the glamorous author Leslie Burke Wilson. Erica’s teenage daughter has also begun acting out in troubling ways.
Then she discovers a potential informant murdered in her Bismarck hotel. Take Back Our Homeland might be even more dangerous than she had thought—and she’s unwittingly become one of the key players in the story. Her fear and anxiety escalate—for her marriage, her daughter, and her own life.
Bestselling novelist and former legal analyst for Fox News Lis Wiehl takes us behind the anchor’s desk in this gripping look at high-stakes reporting in a country torn apart.
“BREAKING NEWS! Lis Wiehl has written another blockbuster—using her insider’s eye to nail the dangerous mix of media and politics. The Separatists is bold, timely, thrilling and a simply stunning read.” –Linda Fairstein, New York Times bestselling author
“Political high jinks and unusual escapades always mark a Lis Wiehl novel. Eric Sparks is a highly trained, top-notched, alpha-female—totally reminiscent of her creator. This one is a smart, sexy, reflective read and I highly recommend it."
—Steve Berry, New York Times bestselling authorRead Less
- Contributor(s)Lis Wiehl , Sebastian Stuart
- About the Contributor(s) Lis Wiehl is the former legal analyst for Fox News and the O'Reilly Factor and has appeared regularly on Your World with...
Lis Wiehl is the former legal analyst for Fox News and the O'Reilly Factor and has appeared regularly on Your World with Neil Cavuto, Lou Dobbs Tonight, and the Imus morning shows. The former co-host of WOR radio's "WOR Tonight with Joe Concha and Lis Wiehl," she has served as legal analyst and reporter for NBC News and NPR's All Things Considered, as a federal prosecutor in the United States Attorney's office, and was a tenured professor of law at the University of Washington. She appears frequently on CNN as a legal analyst. She lives near New York City.
Sebastian Stuart has published four novels under his own name, including The Hour Between, winner of the Ferro-Grumley Award and an NPR Season’s Readings selection. He has also co-written national and New York Times bestselling books. As senior editor of e-book publisher New Word City, Stuart has written over two dozen original non-fiction e-books.show more
- Publish Date03/27/2018
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Series A Newsmakers Novel
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.67 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.29 lb
- Dimensions 8.4(h) x 5.5(w) x 1.01(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.