The Refuge: The Joy of Christian Community in a Torn-Apart World
- Regular price
- Sale price
When your world comes crashing down around you there is only one place of safety-the Refuge. Convinced that many Christians are already experiencing tough times, Jim Bakker offers hope to believers, showing how to make it through the dark nights and difficult days ahead. Security will not be in money or materialism; it will be in Christ and His family, working to overcome the obstacles in life. Drawing upon lessons he learned the hard way, Bakker encourages Christians to gather together in one accord, to bear one another's burdens, to open our hearts to a fresh outpouring of God's supernatural presence in our midst. His call for "first-century Christianity" in the twenty-first century is radical, challenging, thoroughly biblical, and inspiring.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jim Bakker , Ken Abraham
- About the Contributor(s) Jim Bakker is a living example of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. He has come forth from prison...Jim Bakker is a living example of the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ. He has come forth from prison to a new life and compassion for lost and hurting people. Jim is now speaking at conferences and churches and working in inner-city Los Angeles assisting his son's ministry. He has spent much of his time since prison working in the inner-city ghettos, reaching out to drug addicts and the homeless, and teaching them in Bible classes.In 1998, while working at the Dream Center in Los Angeles, Jim met and married Lori Graham. Today, they are working as a team, ministering to hurting people wherever they go. Jim and Lori are two broken people whom God has put back together again and who are living testimonies of God's restoration power.Together, Jim and Lori Bakker have opened a center called 'Morning House,' a place where wounded ministers are ministered to, and where Lori conducts her reconciliation and healing services for hurt women scarred by abortion. Jim also teaches Bible classes at 'Morning House.' The Bible says, 'Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.' Psalms 30:5.Every year Jim and Lori Bakker are speaking to millions of people all over the world through their travels, television and radio, and the many books they have written. Their hearts are with the hurting, especially those in the inner cities of the world. Jim and Lori spend much of their time helping inner-city ministries from coast to coast. A native of Muskegon, Michigan, Jim is one of the pioneers of Christian television. He was the first host of The 700 Club and the first president and co-founder of the Trinity Broadcasting Network. He is the former president and founder of Heritage Village Church and Missionary Fellowship, the parent group for Heritage USA, PTL, and the Inspirational Network. He is the author of the best-selling I Was Wrong and Prosperity and the Coming Apocalypse.The theme of Jim's message is God's mercy, love, and grace. He admonishes people to love God and to love their neighbor as themselves, and that the Bible teaches the fulfillment of Christ's teaching is to bear one another's burdens.Everywhere Jim and Lori Bakker go, they are lifting up hurting people and telling them, 'If God can restore us, He will do the same for you. We serve a God of the second chance.'
Ken Abraham is a New York Times best-selling author known around the world for his collaborations with high-profile public figures. A former professional musician and pastor, he is a popular guest with both secular and religious media. His books include One Soldier's Story with Bob Dole, Payne Stewart with Tracey Stewart, Falling in Love for All the Right Reasons with Dr. Neil Clark Warren, and Let's Roll! with Lisa Beamer.show more
- Publish Date07/29/2010
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.