The Minor Prophets
- Regular price
- Sale price
Many today find the Old Testament a closed book. The cultural issues seem insurmountable and we are easily baffled by that which seems obscure. Furthermore, without knowledge of the ancient culture we can easily impose our own culture on the text, potentially distorting it. This series invites you to enter the Old Testament with a company of guides, experts that will give new insights into these cherished writings. Features include • Over 2000 photographs, drawings, maps, diagrams and charts provide a visual feast that breathes fresh life into the text. • Passage-by-passage commentary presents archaeological findings, historical explanations, geographic insights, notes on manners and customs, and more. • Analysis into the literature of the ancient Near East will open your eyes to new depths of understanding both familiar and unfamiliar passages. • Written by an international team of 30 specialists, all top scholars in background studies.Read Less
- Contributor(s)J. Glen Taylor , Mark W. Chavalas , Philip S. Johnston , Alan R. Millard , John H. Walton , Daniel M. Master , Victor H. Matthews , Kenneth Hoglund , Andrew E. Hill , John H. Walton
- About the Contributor(s) J. Glen Taylor (Ph.D., Yale University), is associate professor of Old Testament, Wycliffe College and the School of Graduate Studies,...J. Glen Taylor (Ph.D., Yale University), is associate professor of Old Testament, Wycliffe College and the School of Graduate Studies, University of Toronto.
Mark W. Chavalas (Ph.D., University of California at Los Angeles) is professor of History, at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse.
Philip S. Johnston (Ph.D., Cambridge University) is Senior Tutor, Hughes Hall, Cambridge, UK.
Alan Millard (M.Phil., Oxford Univeristy; F.S.A.) is Emeritus Rankin Professor of Hebrew and Ancient Semitic Languages, The University of Liverpool.
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: God’s Purpose, God’s Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.
Daniel M. Master (Ph.D., Harvard University) is associate professor of Archaeology, Wheaton College.
Victor H. Matthews (PhD., Brandeis University) is professor of Religious Studies, Missouri State University.
Kenneth Hoglund (Ph.D., Duke University) is professor in the Department of Religion, Wake Forest University.
Andrew E. Hill (PhD, University of Michigan) is professor of Old Testament studies at Wheaton College in Illinois. He is the coauthor with John Walton of A Survey of the Old Testament and the author of Malachi in the Anchor Bible commentary series. His articles have appeared in such scholarly publications as Hebrew Annual Review, Journal of Biblical Literature, and Vetus Testamentum.
John H. Walton (PhD, Hebrew Union College) is professor of Old Testament at Wheaton College Graduate School. He is the author or coauthor of several books, including Chronological and Background Charts of the Old Testament; Ancient Israelite Literature in Its Cultural Context; Covenant: God’s Purpose, God’s Plan; The IVP Bible Background Commentary: Old Testament; and A Survey of the Old Testament.show more
- Publish Date01/12/2016
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Series Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $10.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.