The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture: How Media Shapes Faith, the Gospel, and Church
- Regular price
- Sale price
Doing Church in a Media-Drenched Culture It has been said, “the future is now.” From cell phones to mp3 players to the Internet, no previous age has seen such profound change manifested so quickly. But these thrilling, dizzying transformations are forcing the church to decide where it fits in all this progress. Shane Hipps presents the promise and peril of the emerging culture and its relationship to the emerging church. Looking beyond the details of what’s happening in communities of faith, Hipps analyzes the broader impact of technology and media on the church while engaging readers with questions such as: • Is media/technology value-neutral? • How has technology changed the way we think about Scripture, community, and worship? • What cultural opportunities has the church missed? • How should the church position itself to take advantage of coming cultural trends? Providing both history and prophecy, The Hidden Power of Electronic Culture invites us to engage new cultural realities while staying connected to our spiritual heritage.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Shane Hipps
- About the Contributor(s) Shane Hipps, teaching pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church, is a dynamic communicator and sought-after speaker. His previous career in...Shane Hipps, teaching pastor at Mars Hill Bible Church, is a dynamic communicator and sought-after speaker. His previous career in advertising helped him gain expertise in understanding media and culture. Shane lives with his family in Grand Rapids, MI. For more information, visit www.shanehipps.com. show more
- Publish Date02/02/2006
- Series emergentYS
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.45 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.92 lb
- Dimensions 9.1(h) x 6.1(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $13.29
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.