The God of Hope: A One-volume Commentary on Gods Promises
- Regular price
- Sale price
Everyone experiences feelings of hopelessness, and sometimes those dark feelings seem like they will linger forever. Hopelessness can arise when dealing with family or friends; or perhaps with the loss of a job, the end of a relationship, or the beginning of a tough financial season. In times of great distress, our God brings us comfort, compassion, and of course, hope. The God of Hope guides our hearts, helping us find hope and healing in His word.
God’s hope for individuals, humanity, and the world fill the pages of the Bible, and stories of His work in our hearts when hope seems to fail are endless. Full Scripture passages and reflections drawn from every book of the Bible will offer readers a deeper understanding of the hope God offers to us daily. Each author explains the historical and theological aspects of God’s blessings of hope, so we can better apply His Word to every situation. For the reader who needs help seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, The God of Hope is the perfect choice.
- Scripture passages and reflections from each book of the Bible
- Historical, theological, and practical exploration of hope
- Contributor(s)Dan R. Dick , Joel F. Drinkard
- About the Contributor(s) Dan Dick is an ordained minister of The United Methodist Church serving as the Director of Connectional Ministries for the...Dan Dick is an ordained minister of The United Methodist Church serving as the Director of Connectional Ministries for the Wisconsin Annual Conference. He is a nationally known speaker and teacher, and he is the author of thirteen books.
Dr. Joel Drinkard is Associate Professor of Old Testament at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he received his Ph.D. in 1980. He has also studied at Oxford University, John Hopkins University, and the University of Chicago and is author of numerous articles and reviews in professional journals and reference books.
- Publish Date10/01/2013
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.68 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.3 lb
- Dimensions 8.38(h) x 5.4(w) x 0.9(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.