The Future of Medicine: Megatrends in Health Care That Will Improve Your Quality of Life
- Regular price
- Sale price
Make the most of the latest advances in medicine!
- Vaccines that prevent cancer and chronic disease
- Surgery simulation and robots in the operating room
- Smaller, more powerful medical devices that help your heart beat, relieve depression, replace organs, and more
Are you confused by what you hear in the media about modern medical advances? Do you really understand genomics? How pharmacogenomics can change your life? How information technology will change the way medicine is practiced?and help you lead a longer life?
The Future of Medicine is the first and only book to identify megatrends in:
- stem cells
- medical devices
- imaging equipment
- amazing new approaches in the operating room
- digitizing medical records
- ancient healing practices
- health safety
The megatrends will not only improve your quality of life but ultimately lower your health-care costs. Using layman's terms, Dr. Schimpff explains the science of what's happening on the medical frontier in ways you can understand?and shows you how to make the most of it now.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Stephen C. Schimpff
- About the Contributor(s) Stephen C. Schimpff, MD, has been CEO of the University of Maryland Medical Center and COB of Governors of the...Stephen C. Schimpff, MD, has been CEO of the University of Maryland Medical Center and COB of Governors of the Magnuson Clinical Center of the NIH. Dr. Schimpff, now semiretired, continues to serve as a professor of medicine at UMSOM and professor of public policy at UMCP and as a consultant on emerging bioterrorism issues, as an advisor to companies seeking to advance medical devices and methods, and as a consultant to the US Army on emerging technologies and patient safety in the OR of the future. The author of six textbooks and more than 250 medical and scientific articles, he has served on the editorial boards of three major medical journals. show more
- Publish Date06/22/2007
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $6.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.