The Five Silent Years of Corrie Ten Boom
Pamela Rosewell Moore
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
Pam Roswell Moore had her doubts when she interviewed to be companion of the much-loved author Corrie ten Boom. Corrie's best-selling book The Hidi... Read More
Pam Roswell Moore had her doubts when she interviewed to be companion of the much-loved author Corrie ten Boom. Corrie's best-selling book The Hiding Place, which recounted how she and her family had hidden Jews during World War II in Holland until their betrayal and arrest by the Nazis, had launched for Corrie a worldwide ministry of travel and speaking. Awed by the spiritual challenge this companionship posed, Pam wondered how she could keep up with the energetic 83-year-old. But God knit a strong bond between the young Englishwoman and the remarkable Dutch evangelist. Then Corrie suffered a stroke. Hospitalization followed; physical therapy; then long, loving hours at home. Corrie regained a little mobility for a time -- until the next strokes hit. She never regained her speech. But the ministry that had touched millions continued as Corrie communicated through her eyes, through elaborate guessing games with those around her, through silent intercession for people God brought to mind. For those five silent years of imprisonment, Corrie's spiritual depth offered mute testimony to her ongoing trust in her heavenly Father. The details of these years will move all who loved Corrie ten Boom. They will encourage those involved with the elderly or handicapped -- and those who are themselves bedridden -- that God is at work mysteriously in and through even the most incapacitated. This book attests to the truth Corrie loved so dearly: that, in spite of everything else, Jesus is always Victor. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Pamela Rosewell Moore
- About the Contributor(s) Pamela Rosewell Moore, originally from England, is an experienced speaker and author. She worked seven years in the Netherlands with...Pamela Rosewell Moore, originally from England, is an experienced speaker and author. She worked seven years in the Netherlands with Brother Andrew, "God's Smuggler," and was the assistant and traveling companion to Corrie ten Boom from 1976 - 1983. More recently, she was the director of intercessory prayer at Dallas Baptist University. She and her husband, Carey, live in the Dallas, Texas area. show more
- Publish Date05/13/1986
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.41 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)13.79 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $11.19
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.