Teaching for Spiritual Growth: An Introduction to Christian Education
- Regular price
- Sale price
Teaching for Spiritual Growth deals with two important questions: 1) What does it mean to be spiritually mature ? and 2) What can the church do to help people grow spiritually? These questions are explored from the perspectives of theology, developmental psychology, and educational learning theory. The book integrates the three perspectives into a unified view of the teaching-learning process based on a biblical view of persons: 1. Theology: the divine side of spiritual growth. What does the nature of God tell us about teaching spiritual maturity? 2. Psychology: how God has designed people to grow. How does human development affect the process of achieving spiritual maturity? 3. Education: the learning process that produces spiritual growth. What is the process people go through to achieve spiritual maturity? The goal is to help readers develop a philosophy of Christian education that will be applicable to a variety of ministry contexts.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Perry G. Downs
- About the Contributor(s) Perry G. Downs (PhD, New York University) is professor of Christian education at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois....Perry G. Downs (PhD, New York University) is professor of Christian education at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. show more
- Publish Date03/22/1994
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.9 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.09 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $17.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.