Systematic Theology Pack, Second Edition: A Complete Introduction to Biblical Doctrine
- Regular price
- Sale price
Gain an In-Depth Understanding of Christian Theology
The Systematic Theology Pack, Second Edition contains everything you need to develop a solid understanding of Christian theology, whether you are enrolled in a class or learning on your own.
The Systematic Theology Pack, Second Edition includes:
- Systematic Theology, Second Edition, the most widely-used text of the last 25 years in its discipline has been thoroughly revised and expanded (all 57 chapters) for the first time while retaining the features that have made it the standard in its field: clear explanations, an emphasis on each doctrine's scriptural basis, and practical applications to daily life
- Systematic Theology Workbook, following the textbook's structure, it features review material and exercises for every chapter, and all major areas of Christian doctrine
- Systematic Theology Video Lectures, featuring a video lecture for each of the 57 chapters in the textbook, over eight and a half hours of video content
- Systematic Theology Laminated Sheet, a quick reference guide to the central concepts in the textbook
The Systematic Theology Pack, Second Edition provides a complete introduction to biblical doctrine for students, independent learners, or anyone interested in learning Christian theology.
A note on updates to the Systematic Theology, Second Edition textbook. With several hundred pages of new content, this new edition now includes the following distinctive features.
- Updated, fuller analysis of several recent controversies within evangelicalism, including the eternal relationship between the Father and the Son in the Trinity, the question of God's atemporal eternity, the role of women in the church, "seeker-sensitive" churches, miraculous gifts of the Holy Spirit, and contemporary worship music
- New, thoughtful critiques of open theism, the "new perspective on Paul," Molinism (or "middle knowledge"), "Free Grace" theology, and the preterist view of Christ's second coming
- Completely revised, stronger chapter on the clarity of Scripture
- Completely revised, stronger chapter on creation and evolution (including a longer critique of theistic evolution)
- New discussion of how biblical inerrancy applies to some specific "problem verses" in the Gospels
- Additional material respectfully explaining evangelical Protestant differences with Roman Catholicism, Protestant liberalism, and Mormonism.
- Completely updated bibliographies
- All Scripture quotations updated from RSV to ESV
- An explanation of why monogenēs in John 3:16 and elsewhere should be translated as "only begotten" rather than merely "only" (this is a change from the first edition)
- A contemporary worship song added at the end of each chapter (while retaining the traditional hymns as well)
- Numerous other updates and corrections
- Contributor(s)Wayne A. Grudem
- About the Contributor(s) Wayne Grudem is research professor of Theology and Biblical Studies at Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. He holds degrees from...
Wayne Grudem is research professor of Theology and Biblical Studies at Phoenix Seminary in Phoenix, Arizona. He holds degrees from Harvard (AB), Westminster Theological Seminary (MDiv, DD), and Cambridge (PhD). He is the author of more than a dozen books including the bestselling Systematic Theology.
- Publish Date12/29/2020
- PublisherZondervan Academic
- Format Mixed Media Set
- Weight (lbs)1.66 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)1.66 lb
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $149.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.