Splashes of Joy in the Cesspools of Life
- Regular price
- Sale price
Barbara Johnson's approach to life is positive, uplifting, theraputic, and fun. But Barbara is far from being a cockeyed optimist, blind to life's grief and disappointment. In fact, her entire ministry of joy and encouragement began in the "slimy cesspool" of her own pain. And that's why her laughter is so infectious and her wisdom rings so true in this joy-giving book, which offers giggles and guidance to help you:
- shore up sinking self-esteem
- reach the other side of your grief
- weather your stress and get rid of your guilt
- restore the joys of motherhood
- sustain an effective prayer life
- make peace with aging and go for healthy maturity
"Almost everyone needs a splash of joy to get through the mess, to get cleaned off and get sweetened up, refreshed and ready to go again," Barbara Johnson says. With short chapters intended to be read in one sitting-plus a collection of quips and quotes at the close of each chapter-Splashes of Joy offers invigorating encouragment and a gentle reminder to spread joy into the lives of others as well.Splashes of Joy in the Cesspools of Life is now available in value-priced paperback as part of the "Nelson Values" program -- a one-time-only, one-order-only bargain price ($7.97) on some of our best-selling and most exciting titles! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Barbara Johnson
- About the Contributor(s) Barbara Johnson was the founder of Spatula Ministries, a coauthor of various Women of Faith devotionals, and the author of...Barbara Johnson was the founder of Spatula Ministries, a coauthor of various Women of Faith devotionals, and the author of numerous bestselling books, including Boomerang Joy, Living Somewhere between Estrogen and Death, and Stick a Geranium in Your Hat and Be Happy. show more
- Publish Date01/31/1992
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.