Spiritually Strong is a six-week program designed to help you get in better shape spiritually and physically. As Timothy says, “For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come” (4:8). This book teaches you how to train yourself in godliness through the implementation of six disciplines—Bible study, prayer, fasting, healthy living, financial stewardship, and serving others.
By exercising your spiritual core on a daily basis, you will learn to:
- Study the Bible and understand what God is saying to you.
- Pray with power.
- Incorporate periodic fasting into your life.
- Honor God with your body through nutritious eating and exercise.
- Practice good stewardship of the resources God has given you.
- Serve others in humility as an outward demonstration of God’s love.
As you learn to submit to God in each of these areas of your life, you’ll discover the joy that accompanies self-discipline. Your daily steps of obedience will translate into giant strides in your walk with the Lord.