Solving Marriage Problems: Biblical Solutions for Christian Counselors
- Regular price
- Sale price
“Counselors unanimously find that marriage and family problems outnumber all other counseling problems combined. For that reason alone, counselors should want to learn all they can about marriage counseling.” —Jay Adams This book will help counselors understand and deal with the typical problems that arise in a marriage. The approach is to offer not merely solutions, but biblical solutions. Chapter by chapter, each problem that is brought into focus is addressed by Scripture, and a solution arising from Scripture is developed. Unless one understands what a biblical marriage is supposed to be, it is difficult to solve marriage problems. For that reason, Dr. Adams spends the first few chapters developing a biblical model. Then he treats many of the specific kinds of problems that typically arise: life patterns, priorities, children, sex roles, in-laws, and so forth. This is a book that belongs on every pastor’s and every counselor’s shelf.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jay E. Adams
- About the Contributor(s) Jay E. Adams (PhD, University of Missouri) is a former director of advanced studies and professor of practical theology at...
Jay E. Adams (PhD, University of Missouri) is a former director of advanced studies and professor of practical theology at Westminster Theological Seminary, as well as a retired pastor. He has written over fifty books on pastoral ministry, preaching, counseling, Bible study, and Christian living. His books include Competent to Counsel, The Christian Counselor’s Manual, and Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage in the Bible.show more
- Publish Date05/27/1986
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.32 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)20.46 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.4(w) x 0.4(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $7.69
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.