Set Your Fields on Fire
- Regular price
- Sale price
Alex Alterman is a “mystery worshipper”—hired by churches to experience their worship services as a member of the congregation and evaluate what works and what doesn’t. Grass growing in the parking lot “Unkempt bathrooms “Bad sound systems” These may turn away people as much as the “singing and the sermon. To whom much is given, much is required. But when Alex and his dedicated band of nitpicking zealots are hired to evaluate a Florida church and its prominent pastor, they are presented with a set of mysteries: Who hired them? And who hired their main competition? And why are they being shadowed by a couple of atheists running a dirt-dealing blog?
Oil spills, dwarf spies, choir room surveillance, church league basketball cheats and parking lot security all combine in a splendid caper that stretches from Wall Street to the beachfront. As Alterman’s group finds itself in the eye of the storm, the work takes on a new dimension as they untangle the reasons they believe in their work, and why they believe at all.Read Less
- Contributor(s)William Thornton
- About the Contributor(s) William Thornton is an award-winning writer, journalist and a Sunday School teacher. He lives in Alabama with his wife and...
William Thornton is an award-winning writer, journalist and a Sunday School teacher. He lives in Alabama with his wife and daughter.show more
- Publish Date02/02/2016
- PublisherWestbow Press
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.03 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.82 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.68(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.