Ron Howard: From Mayberry to the Moon...and Beyond
- Regular price
- Sale price
Ron Howard: From Mayberry to the Moon… and Beyond, the first full-length biography of Ron Howard, takes an in-depth look at the Oklahoma boy who gained national fame as a child star, then grew up to be one of Hollywood's most admired directors. Although many show biz kids founder as they approach adulthood, Ron Howard had the advantage of brains, common sense, and two down-to-earth parents who kept him from having an inflated view of his own accomplishments. He also had a longstanding goal: to trade the glare of the spotlight for a quieter but equally creative life behind the camera. This biography tracks his career from 1960, when he debuted as six-year-old Opie Taylor on The Andy Griffith Show through 2002, when he accepted his Academy Award® as Best Director for A Beautiful Mind.
Author Beverly Gray, an entertainment industry veteran, has spoken to teachers, friends, and professional colleagues from all phases of Howard's career. She has also combed the archives to gain further insight into this very private man whose accomplishments have brought pleasure to so many.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Beverly Gray
- About the Contributor(s) After earning her Ph.D. in American literature at UCLA, Beverly Gray spent nearly a decade in the film industry, where...After earning her Ph.D. in American literature at UCLA, Beverly Gray spent nearly a decade in the film industry, where she was Roger Corman's story editor and creative executive at Concorde-New Horizons Pictures. Currently she teaches screenwriting at UCLA Extension and covers the entertainment world for the Hollywood Reporter. Her first book, Roger Corman: An Unauthorized Biography of the Godfather of Indie Filmmaking, was published in 2000, to great critical acclaim. show more
- Publish Date01/17/2003
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $7.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.