¿Quién es este hombre?: El impacto impredecible del Jesús ineludible
- Regular price
- Sale price
Jesus' impact on our world is highly unlikely, widely inescapable, largely unknown, and decidedly double-edged. It is unlikely in light of the severe limitations of his earthly life; it is inescapable because of the range of impact; it is unknown because history doesn't connect dots; and it is doubled-edged because his followers have wreaked so much havoc, often in his name.
He is history's most familiar figure, yet he is the man no one knows. His impact on the world is immense and non-accidental. From the Dark Ages to Post-Modernity he is the Man who won't go away.
And yet . . .you can miss him in historical lists for many reasons, maybe the most obvious being the way he lived his life. He did not loudly and demonstrably defend his movement in the spirit of a rising political or military leader. He did not lay out a case that history would judge his brand of belief superior in all future books.
His life and teaching simply drew people to follow him. He made history by starting in a humble place, in a spirit of love and acceptance, and allowing each person space to respond.
His vision of life continues to haunt and challenge humanity. His influence has swept over history bringing inspiration to what has happened in art, science, government, medicine, and education; he has taught humans about dignity, compassion, forgiveness, and hope.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Ortberg
- About the Contributor(s) John Ortberg es el pastor principal de la Iglesia Presbiteriana de Menlo Park, en Menlo Park, California, con dependencias en...
John Ortberg es el pastor principal de la Iglesia Presbiteriana de Menlo Park, en Menlo Park, California, con dependencias en Menlo Park, Mountain View y San Mateo. Ha escrito numerosas obras que han tenido una gran aceptación, como La fe y la duda; El ser que quiero ser; Un amor más allá de la razón; Cuando el juego termina, todo regresa a la caja; La misión fantasma; Dios está más cerca de lo que crees; Todos somos normales hasta que nos conocen; La vida que siempre has querido; Si quieres caminar sobre las aguas, tienes que salir de la barca; Vivamos divinamente la vida, y el plan de estudios multimedia Old Testament Challenge (con la colaboración de Kevin Harney). John y su esposa Nancy tienen tres hijos.show more
- Publish Date02/05/2013
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.52 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)33.58 lb
- Dimensions 8.5(h) x 5.31(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Font Size 11pt
- Price $8.39
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.