Psychology of Counseling: Professional Techniques for Pastors, Teachers, Youth Leaders and All Who Are Engaged in the Incomparable Art of Counseling
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders over $30 in Continental US
The first 26 chapters of the book present the basic concepts and techniques of counseling with interesting and appropriate illustrations. A furthe... Read More
The first 26 chapters of the book present the basic concepts and techniques of counseling with interesting and appropriate illustrations. A further chapter gives a thorough-going and inspiring presentation of the effective use of scripture in counseling. Here the reader is challenged to use the Word of God and is shown how to use it effectively. This comprehensive chapter concludes with a list of several hundred of the most appropriate Scripture portions to be used with some 20 different types of personality and spiritual problems. Another section of the book deals with four particular areas of counseling: Counseling with Teen-agers, Counseling with the Emotionally and Mentally Ill, Marriage Counseling, and Counseling about Sex Problems. Realistic situations in each of the above categories are pointed up. Interesting case studies are presented to illustrate the problem; then basic guides in counseling are suggested. Probably o other book contains a more meaningful chapter on terms that counselors should know than does Dr. Narramore's comprehensive work. Each term is defined, explained, amplified, and in many instances, illustrated with appropriate reference to spiritual concerns. The Psychology of Counseling will provide both professional and lay counselors with one of the most comprehensive guidebooks ever published and with the most usable concepts of counseling yet available. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Clyde Narramore
- Publish Date10/19/2000
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.76 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)16.73 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Font Size Not Applicablept
- Price $16.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.