Prisoner of Conscience: One Man's Crusade for Global Human and Religious Rights
- Regular price
- Sale price
What’s a congressman from Virginia doing in places where bullets fly and babies starve? Thirty years ago, Frank Wolf was elected to the U.S. Congress to address local transportation issues. Fueled by a faith that made him believe he could do something about it, the congressman grew to champion human and religious rights around the world—from cracking down on gang-related crimes in the U.S. to relieving suffering from war, AIDS, and famine in places like Darfur, China, and Bosnia. Eventually, he became a key proponent of opposing radical Jihadists and creating a National Committee on Terrorism. As Wolf visited some of the most dangerous places in the world, he saw firsthand the need for members of Congress to speak out for persecuted people around the globe. In Prisoner of Conscience, he shares intimate stories of his adventures from the halls of political power to other dangerous places around the world, what he has learned along the way, and what you can do about it now.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Frank Wolf , Anne Morse
- About the Contributor(s) Congressman Frank Wolf has represented Virginia’s 10th District since 1981, making him one of the most senior members of the...
Congressman Frank Wolf has represented Virginia’s 10th District since 1981, making him one of the most senior members of the House of Representatives. For three decades now, Frank Wolf has partnered across the aisle to become an outspoken voice on human rights in Congress. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Penn State and a law degree from Georgetown. He and his wife, Carolyn, live in Virginia. They are the parents of five children and the grandparents of fifteen grandchildren.
Anne Morse, a freelance writer, spent 18 years collaborating with Chuck Colson on BreakPoint Radio commentaries, Christianity Today columns, and four books. She is also the co-author of Prisoner of Conscience with former Congressman Frank Wolf of Virginia, and of a novel, Bedford Falls. She lives in Maryland with her husband.show more
- Publish Date10/20/2011
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 0.0(h) x 0.0(w) x 0.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.