Planting Your Family Tree Online: How to Create Your Own Family History Web Site
- Regular price
- Sale price
Planting Your Family Tree Online is designed to take you step-by-step through the process of creating a genealogy Web site.
When people begin their genealogical adventure, they usually interview elderly members of the family and contact other family members. The next step is usually one of organization of the information collected. The third step is usually to share this information with other family members, traditionally by publishing research in a book. However, a family Web site has numerous advantages:
- It is interactive so others can contribute their stories and pictures.
- It will help you find long-lost relatives.
- It is an ideal way to preserve research for the entire family.
- It will break down the walls that have stumped you in your research.
- It recognizes that family research is an ongoing process,
This book is written by Cyndi Howells, owner and webmaster of Cyndi's List, a Web site of more than 130,000 online genealogical resources. Cyndi points out, "This book is loaded with URLs to Web sites that will give you everything you need to create a beautiful family tree online." However, Web site URLs change daily and some may no longer work. She has created web pages as part of Cyndi's List that correspond to the features of the book so that the URLs will be kept up-to-date.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Cyndi Howells
- About the Contributor(s) Cyndi Howells is owner and webmaster of Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites , a categorized index to more than 130,000...Cyndi Howells is owner and webmaster of Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites , a categorized index to more than 130,000 online resources. It receives more than 3 million visits each month and has been featured by the History Channel web site and on ABC News, NBC News, USA Today, Time, Newsweek, Parade Magazine, Wired, Yahoo!, Internet Life, Family Chronicale, and Home PC magazines. She has been a genealogist for more than 20 years, is a member of the board of directors of the National Genealogical Society, and is a nationally known guest lecturer at genealogical society meetings and seminars around the country. She is the author of Netting Your Ancestors and Cyndi's List, a printed version of her Web site. She, her husband, and their son live in Edgewood, Washington show more
- Publish Date11/21/2003
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $7.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.