Over a Barrel: Breaking the Middle East Oil Cartel
- Regular price
- Sale price
Longtime commodities trader Raymond J. Learsy lifts the veil of the Mideast oil cartel, showing how OPEC manipulates the oil markets and destabilizes the world's economy. With refreshing candor and an insider's perspective, Learsy explains how OPEC:
- twists bogus perceptions of oil scarcity to hike prices and gain political power
- is compromised by Islamist terrorist connections that fuel anti-American hatred with dollars from our own wallets
- keeps Third-World nations in abject poverty despite their rich oil deposits
- and became the de facto master of Iraq's newly liberated oil fields
A sharp, sweeping survey of OPEC's methods of economic dominance, this book explains how to bust the Mideast oil cartel and chart our own course toward energy independence.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Raymond J. Learsy
- About the Contributor(s) Raymond J. Learsy made his life in the fast-paced, risk-filled world of commodities trading, beginning in 1959. In 1963, he...Raymond J. Learsy made his life in the fast-paced, risk-filled world of commodities trading, beginning in 1959. In 1963, he started his own firm and over twenty years expanded from the U.S. into Canada, the United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Brazil, and Pakistan, trading in an array of bulk raw materials and commodities, shipping to customers worldwide. His richly-informed analysis of the international oil trade, OPEC, and its impact on the American and world economy has been featured in National Review Online and the New York Times. show more
- Publish Date09/01/2009
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.