Our Favorite Sins: The Sins We Commit and How You Can Quit
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Essential Guide for Beating Temptation
Falling for temptation isn’t inevitable. We don’t have to lose the fight. In fact, we can win if we understand the root of the problem and what Christians have done from the beginning to beat it. Our Favorite Sins shines a much-needed light in our lives’ dark corners and reveals the time-tested methods for getting victory over sin.
Are you tyrannized by your own desires?
If you are breathing, your answer is probably yes.
The question is: What are you going to do about it?
With more than thirty years of pastoral experience, Todd D. Hunter knows that most people—himself included—struggle every day with temptation. All too often, we fail and fall, and some of us are at our wit’s end, utterly defeated. What do we do to get a grip on the sin in our life and live like God wants?
There’s good news: despite all our failures and shameful “moments after,” there really is a way out, a way forward, and a way that draws us closer to the life that God desires for us.
In Our Favorite Sins, Hunter cracks open the problem of temptation and points to practical, biblically based, time-tested solutions. First revealing the role played by our disordered desires, Hunter shows how different temptations trip us up and how we can resist and overcome them, even if we’ve fallen prey to them for decades. Victory starts with reordering our desires, and the church has given us the tools for the job. Hunter shows us how to use them and start beating the temptations that so often beat us.
Informed by exclusive research from the Barna Group, Our Favorite Sins offers a view that works for any believer wherever they are and no matter how big the battle they’re fighting.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Todd Hunter
- About the Contributor(s) Todd Hunter is a bishop for The Anglican Mission in the Americas and is the founding pastor of Holy Trinity...Todd Hunter is a bishop for The Anglican Mission in the Americas and is the founding pastor of Holy Trinity Anglican Church in Costa Mesa, CA. He is an adjunct professor at several seminaries and the author of Christianity Beyond Belief , Giving Churcha Second Chance , The Outsider Interviews , and The Accidental Anglican . Todd is also the founding director of Churches for the Sake of Others, a West Coast church planting initiative, and a past president of Alpha USA and the Association of Vineyard Churches. Todd also founded Three is Enough , a small-group movement that makes spiritual formation doable. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2012
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- To access your eBooks, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly in your browser by creating a Glose account using the same email address you use to purchase the eBooks.
- eBooks fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on this site, click here for our FAQs.